Technology comes to the rescue when you wear Globe Technical FootGear. Built with our unique athletic footwear construction for remarkable flexibility, TECHNICAL is quad-certified to be the perfect complement to your Structural Boots.
And the exclusive PORON® XRD™ metatarsal guard provides impact protection that you will hardley even feel as your wear your boots.
Meets or exceeds the following ANSI standards (part of the NFPA 1951 standard): ANSI Z41.1, ASTM F2412, ASTM F2413.
NFPA 1951 (Technical Rescue), NFPA 1977 (Wildland), NFPA 1992 (Liquid Splash), and NFPA 1999 (Emergency Medical) compliant.
1. Flame-Resistant, Water-Resistant, Heavy Duty Leather: Specially softened tumbled leather in high-flex areas to move with you.
2. GORE® CROSSTECH® Footwear Fabric: A full-height bootie liner made from a package of Omaha lining fabric, 300g insulation, and GORE®CROSSTECH® moisture barrier provides protection unmatched by any other waterproof, breathable barrier.
3. QuickZip Closure: The advantages of a lace up for a custom fit and the convenience of a zipper.
4. Metatarsal Guard: Additional protection for the bones extending back from your toes over the instep is provided by a flexible, lightweight, molded PORON® XRD™ impact-resistant foam you’ll hardly even feel.
5. Composite Heel Counter: Individually molded to fit each size perfectly.
6. Composite Safety Toe Cap: Lighter than steel, doesn’t transmit heat or cold, and exceeds NFPA standards for safety.
7. VIBRAM® Toe Bumper: Made from the same rugged compound as the outsole for abrasion resistance when crawling.
8. Dual-Density Enhanced 3D Molded Footbed System: Removable dual-density footbeds are contoured to cradle and cushion the bottom of your feet and to provide arch support. Urethane foam bottom layer provides durable cushioning while a micro-cellular open-cell foam top layer delivers cool, all-day comfort.
Moisture-wicking and anti-microbial fabric top pulls moisture away from your feet. An additional set of polymer inserts are provided to install under the footbeds when a snugger fit is desired.
9. 3D Composite Lasting Board: Molded, contoured, and lasted to boot uppers with a built-in flex zone in the forefoot and a torsionally stable heel. Works together with the 3D molded footbed to conform to the shape of your foot.
10. Composite Shank: Lighter than steel, doesn’t transmit heat or cold, springs back to shape better.
11. Composite Puncture Protection: Far more flexible than a steel plate and doesn’t transmit heat or cold. Exceeds NFPA standards.
12. VIBRAM® Contoured Cup Outsole: Molded outsole wraps onto the leather upper for athletic shoe performance. Flame, abrasion, oil, acid and slip-resistant compound engineered for high traction and durability even during prolonged exposure to extremes of heat and cold.
13. Athletic Footwear Construction: 2-part cross-linking adhesive bonds outsoles to the upper. Without stiff welts and ribbed mid-soles, this attachment process is far more flexible.
14. Slip-Resistant Tread: Siping – thin slits cut into flat areas across the sole – opens up when flexed to provide additional traction on water and ice. Self-cleaning lugs and omni-direction tread pattern designed for superior performance in all terrains and when working on ladders. Optional VIBRAM® ARCTIC GRIP outsoles are available for even better slip resistance on wet ice.
All Globe Boots include Snug Fit Inserts to customize your comfort level. Use this thicker insert for a snugger fit or when wearing with lighter socks.