A classic, rugged matte finish complete with protection, durability, performance and comfort.
- Tough, through color, DuraGlas® fiberglass and high-temp resin composite resists cracking and chipping
- Perfect combination of durability and performance in a lightweight design
- Three-position, rear-ratchet height adjustment ensures a secure and comfortable fit
- Six-way overhead strap suspension system reduces shock transmission at the top of the helmet while providing a snug, comfortable fit
- Certified to meet NFPA 1971 Specifications, 2007 Edition for Structural Fire Fighting
- All earlaps come in yellow--picture shown with black
Cairns 1044: All the design features and proven performance of the popular Cairns 1010 traditional Cairns helmet on which it was based. But the Cairns 1044 sports a rugged matte finish that echoes the quiet confidence of experience. Like the glossy 1010, the newer 1044 offers the proven protection and exceptional durability of Cairns’ DuraGlass fiberglass composite shell. The through-color composite resists chipping and cracking. And because its matte finish isn’t painted, everyday nicks and scratches are harder to see.
Lower profile. Superior balance. Cairns fire helmets have some of the lowest ride-heights in the market. Compare the crown clearance of the Cairns 1044 (or 1010), with its advanced thermal impact cap, to other traditional helmets. The distance from the inside of the Cairns 1044 shell to the suspension straps is less than 2-1/2 inches. Most competitive helmets, even those without an impact cap, are actually taller at more than 2-3/4 inches high. The difference in balance and wear-ability are readily apparent, especially when worn for long periods under the stressful conditions they’re designed for. You can count on these classic, traditional helmets to look good, stay comfortable, and perform dependably—providing the protection you need—for many years of hard use.
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Cairns innovative Defender Visor with a scratch- and thermal-resistant, slightly tinted Tuffshield lens
- Tough, through color, DuraGlas® fiberglass and high-temp resin composite resists cracking and chipping and provides a perfect combination of durability and performance in a lightweight design.
- An engineered impact cap of high-temperature rigid urethane foam with an ABS inner liner. Provides advanced thermal, impact, and penetration protection. Designed to increase protection at the sides where it’s needed most.
- Cairns' six-way overhead strap suspension system reduces shock transmission at the top of the helmet while providing a snug, comfortable fit.
- Leather (Deluxe) cushion liner removable for washing and upgrading, provides greater ease and comfort.
- Soft black NOMEX chinstrap with one-hand quick release buckle and postman slide allows quick and easy adjustment.
- An exclusive SCBA interface front headband adjustment matches the fit of any SCBA mask
- Three-position, rear-ratchet height adjustment ensures a secure and comfortable fit, with or without SCBA gear, for all head sizes
- Jumbo earlaps and patented shell release increase neck coverage and protection, all allow easier maintenance.
- Larger diameter helmet hanger fits on larger hooks and racks.
- Insurance against Fireground damage with Cairns 5-year shell replacement warranty.